UTI in Men
Urinary tract infections (UTI) can be defined as infection of the urinary system, which includes the kidneys, bladder, ureters, and urethra. Urinary tract infection in men is less common than in women and it generally does not affect boys and young men.
The causes of urinary tract infection in men include sexual transmission of infection causing microorganisms to the urethra, abnormalities in the structure of urinary tract, and other infections like kidney stones, diabetes, or enlargement of prostate glands. Another major cause of UTI in men is the placement of tubes or a catheter in the bladder or urethra. The UTI symptoms in men are frequent urge to urinate, pain and inflammation in the bladder, back pain, fever, and fatigue. The urine can be of a milky or cloudy appearance with an offensive or foul odor. Sometimes, the urine is reddish in color due to the presence of blood.
There are various remedies to relieve the symptoms of urinary tract infection in men. Some of the natural remedies to cure UTI are as follows:
- One of the best and most effective remedies to treat urinary tract infection in men is to drink lots of water and fluids like juices. This will cause frequent urination which will enable the body to flush out the infectious microorganisms that cause UTI.
- You must consume a lot of Vitamin C rich fruits and drinks in your diet such as citrus fruits like orange, grapefruit and lemon; kiwi fruit, melon, berries, guava, and so on. These foods tend to increase the acidity of urine, thereby creating an adverse environment for infectious microbes to multiply.
- Cranberry juice is also effective in relieving urinary tract infection in men.
- The intake of Echinacea tea is helpful in combating the symptoms of urinary tract infection in men.
- Apple cider vinegar is a rich source of potassium and several enzymes which restrict bacterial growth. As such, the intake of apple cider vinegar is recommended to cure urinary tract infection in men.
- Foods rich in fiber content like beet root, cabbage, broccoli, and lettuce also helpful natural cure for uti for men.
- Consuming of water with half a teaspoon of baking soda is also helpful in relieving UTI.
- If you have a urinary tract infection, do not consume caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee and carbonated drinks. Drinking and smoking are also strictly prohibited.
- If you notice any of the symptoms of urinary tract infection, do consult your doctor and follow the recommended treatment procedure.