Toothache Natural Cure
Toothache is a pain in tooth caused when its root is irritated. Tooth ache is also known as odontalgia. It causes soreness within or around a tooth indicating inflammation or infection. The pulp chamber of a tooth contains nerves when the decay reaches it or nearby it, it causes sharp pain. Besides this, cavities, tooth rot, gum infection, a cracked tooth, jaw disease, or exposed tooth rot may be some other reasons of a tooth ache. Extraction of one or more teeth leads to a condition called dry socket causing extreme pain. Toothache intensifies while eating, chewing or drinking hot or cold liquid. If a toothache is not treated on time the pulp dies and leading the dental abscess. In medical jargon cavities causing toothache are known as dental caries.
Common treatments for a toothache are extraction or root canal. If a dentist feels that the tooth can be saved he will perform a root canal. Root canal is an alternative to extraction. It involves removing of dying pulp tissue and replacing it with the inert material, thus avoiding tooth infection. In extraction the tooth is removed from the root.
The best way to avoid a toothache is to keep teeth and gums healthy. One must brush at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, especially after meal and snacks. Avoid cavities by reducing the intake of sugary food and drinks. There are some over-the-counter drugs available for tooth ache, which provide temporary relief from tooth ache. However once a person gets cavity in his tooth it can only be stooped from further decaying.
One can also try home remedy for toothache for a temporary solution.
Home Remedies for Toothache
- Chew cloves rub clove oil on the teeth.
- Apply a mixture of lime juice and asafetida on the tooth, using a cotton ball.
- Make a toothpowder by burning some turmeric sticks and rub it on the tooth.
- Pour fee drops of vanilla on the aching tooth.
- Keep an ice cube on the aching tooth.
- If a home remedy for toothache does not give relief than its necessary to see a doctor.
- A home remedy for toothache is cost effective and does not have any side effects.