Acidosis Home Remedies
Acidosis is a condition where excess acid is found in the patient’s body fluid. It is mainly found in diabetes or kidney patients. Acidosis results in decrease in blood’s pH value - acid base status of the body and decrease in blood and excretion of urinary citrate. Acidosis may be caused either by an accumulation of acid or loss of bicarbonate. Acidosis causes blood pH to drop below 7.35.
Natural Cure for Acidosis
- Natural cures for acidosis are very simple and cost little or nothing and moreover they do not have any negative side effects.
- Natural cures for acid reflux are based on detoxification of the body.
- Drink lots of water, it will help you to keep your urine light yellow and dilute the acid to normalize the acid in the body.
- Increase garlic in your diet. It hast the ability to kill pathogenic organisms and optimize bowl flora. One can also opt for homeopathy, ayurvedic medicines.
Treatment of AcidosisTo confirm acidosis one need to perform certain tests like arterial blood gas analysis or blood chemistry and further tests to know its specific type. If acidosis is not treated on time it can prove fatal. When the pH value of the body is not maintained the body has to compensate. Body starts robbing minerals from bones, muscles, gallbladder etc. When the body starts robbing natural sodium form the lining of the esophagus one may develop heartburn. If this erosion continues it may lead to acid reflux or GERD.
Synthetic drugs are not much effective in case of acid reflux, because they only try to suppress acid. One must look forward to natural cures for acid reflux.
Types of Acidosis:
Two major types of acidosis are respiratory acidosis and metabolic acidosis. Human body corrects the pH value either by correcting respiratory acidosis or metabolic acidosis. Respiratory acidosis is also known as hypercapnic acidosis or carbon dioxide acidosis. It is caused when there is excessive amount of carbon dioxide in the body, caused by decreased breathing.
- Metabolic acidosis is of many types e.g. Diabetic acidosis – It occurs when the body accumulates excess of ketone during uncontrolled diabetes.
- Hyperchloremic acidosis – It results from excessive loss of sodium bicarbonate from the body, as in severe diarrhea.
- Lactic acidosis- It is an accumulation of lactic acid in the body. This can be caused by many conditions, including prolonged lack of oxygen, prolonged exercise etc.
Some symptoms of acidosis are fainting, nausea, burning sensation in tongue and mouth, water retention, constipation etc.